Prolonged months under Covid lock-down conditions haven’t been as productive as I would have wished, but (at last) here’s a new song I’ve been working on for quite a while.

I programmed the drums in XLN’s Addictive Drums and as an experiment layered the sounds with ‘909 Studio Kit’ sounds from Steinberg’s Halion Sonic 3 giving them more ‘punch’.   Bass sounds were programmed in MIDI and played through IK Multimedia’s Sample Tank 4.  Piano and organ sounds were MIDI through Halion Sonic. Guitar sounds were from one of my Fender Stratocasters (I forgot which!) via my live pedalboard using a DI box into the mixing desk. Lead guitar sounds were done using Scuffham’s S-Gear processor.   

The lead and harmony vocals were done using my usual RØDE NT2 mic, with some processing from iZotope’s Nectar 3, Cakewalk’s Pro Channel and Cakewalk’s Lexicon Reverb plugin.  The project was engineered in Cakewalk by BandLab. Mastering was done there using iZotope’s Ozone 9. I then used a slight bit of boost from the Sonnox Oxford Inflator plugin to get just a touch more loudness.

I made the video in my usual way, by scouring the internet (mostly Vimeo) for snippets that fitted the lyrics somehow.  I put the video together using MAGIX Movie Edit Pro.